The california gold rush 1848 1855 began on january 24 1848 when gold was found by james w marshall at sutters mill in coloma california the news of gold brought approximately 300000 people to california from the rest of the united states and abroad the sudden influx of gold into the money supply reinvigorated the american economy and the sudden population increase allowed . High grade gold left in old mines finding loads of vuggy quartz veins duration 1414 911 mining prospecting 988320 views. California gold rush overview of the california gold rush the rapid influx of fortune seekers in california that began after gold was found at sutters mill on the american river in early 1848 the gold rush reached its peak in 1852 according to estimates more than 300000 people came to the territory during the gold rush
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.